Pages

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Travel Magic

This coming week I will be traveling far afield. I'll also be traveling mostly alone, which is rare for a person with a family and obligations. Keeping company with myself, journeying with myself, I'm looking forward to an opportunity to reconnect with my own inner voice in a way that can feel difficult in the clamor of modern living. There's also the inherent power of uprooting habits and increasing the potential for chaos in your life -- for a time. It's hard, and I wouldn't want to do that all the time, but it's also a very powerful tool for manifesting change and for seeing things in a new light. Basically, it's a perfect time for doing magic.

Much of my magic is very practical because I'm a practical person. I need to be because of this deeper layer of mysticism and madness and emotion. It gives me balance and allows me to function in the real world of practical things. And those things give me benefits... like the ability to travel from time to time. But my travel magic will not be so practical. Apart from some "safe journey and don't let the plane crash" work, I'll be opening myself to the magic of the experience. I'll wander the streets of an ancient city and try not to overplan and overthink my free time. I will absorb. I will experience. I will try not to prejudge or hold expectations of what my experience should be.

I hope to return inspired to face the long rainy season through the act of creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment